How to save on office relocation?
Office relocation differs from other types of moves! First and foremost, it has short deadlines for its implementation. As a rule, company executives want to move efficiently and quickly, without interruption from the established work process. However, it is not only the time of relocation that interests corporate clients: the key position when planning an office relocation is its cost.
How much it will cost to transport the office directly depends on the amount of property transported and the working time of packers and trucks. Therefore, to save on office relocation, you should try to reduce these figures.
- Plan your move in advance. The bigger your company is, the sooner you should call professional movers. Call Global Gentle Mover a week or two before the planned date of relocation and we will make the most optimal plan possible for your relocation and consider all the details.
- Think about the size and interior of the new room. If some items of furniture from the former office do not “fit” into the new office space, sell or dispose of them before moving.
- Make a plan for the placement of furniture and jobs in the new office. It will reduce the time of assembly and placement of furniture in the new place.
- You can significantly reduce the cost of relocation by attracting internal resources of the company. Your colleagues are your main helpers on the way to a cheap move. Inform employees in advance of the date of the next move and ask them on the eve of this day: – release office furniture from the documentation, mark all the furniture indicating the office in the new office (according to the plan); – disconnect computers and office equipment from the network; – pack your personal belongings, computer peripherals, documentation in boxes, sign them with your name, workplace number and office in the new office.
- For self-packaging, you should buy enough packaging materials in advance: cardboard boxes, wide tape, wrapping paper. To make this task easier you can order everything from an online store.
- If your company has a truck or a large vehicle, that can transport some office supplies in it. Let these be things that do not require special protection during transportation.
If you are going to save on your office move, you are to carefully compare the pros and cons of the planned benefits. By involving employees in the packaging and partial transportation of office supplies, you distract them from their direct responsibilities. If this does not significantly affect your business, then this method of saving is quite justified, but if the company risks greater losses than it can save, we recommend to fully trust the professionals.